It’s easy to vacation nearly car-free in Rehoboth Beach! Here’s a few tips to enjoy a more efficient form of travel.
Follow these steps
1. For example, find Beach View Hotel (6 Wilmington Avenue, downtown Rehoboth Beach) on this Google map and draw a circle with a one- or two-mile radius around it. Use a highlighter to mark places inside the circle that you want to visit.
2. Choose a familiar place and try bicycling rather than driving. See if you can find a comfortable route and secure parking. Add a new location every day or two or if you live here, every week or so.
3. See if you can find a closer destination for errands that fall outside your circle.
By slowly increasing the number of bicycle trips and incorporating transit or using a carshare program, you’ll be living car-lite in no time!
• Bike Delaware
This independent, non-governmental, member-supported non-profit advocacy organization strives to make cycling a safe, convenient and fun form of transportation.
• Delaware Department of Transportation Bicycle and Pedestrian news
• Sussex Cyclists
This group organizes regular rides around Sussex County.
• Dewey to Lewes Bike Trail map:
Trails open 8am to sunset most days
• Rent Bikes at Atlantic Cycles
They have 2 Convenient locations, offer bike reservations, routes and maps.
– 18 Wilmington Ave (less than 300 feet West of Beach View Hotel)
– On the boardwalk at Virginia Ave (from Beach View Hotel, go to the boardwalk and head North for about .4 mile. It’s about an 8 minute walk.)